Sivut

torstai 15. lokakuuta 2015

Fragile Cover








.. COVERs and gives shelter, comfort.
I can not forget how fragile we are.
That´s about my recent installation projects: Microcosm and For better or for worse

A boy about at the age of ten was watching as I worked with my linen-shell-installation in Rauma.
 -A fragile shell, he said suddenly. And that is what my art is all about.

 Sting Fragile















Särkyvää / Fragile is also the name of my upcoming exhibition. 
There will be my recent paintings on display.



Bird´s Dream detail of an abstract(!?!) painting, acrylics on canvas, 110 x 130cm, 2015,  LV

.....

COVER is the theme of this week´s DC ( drawing challenge )
Dearest Ariane with her beautiful blog Rose is the host of the week.
Thank you so much for the kind invitation (and for not forgetting me although I have been such a lazy blogger lately )

7 kommenttia:

  1. Oh, how I would love to come to your exhibition, dear Leena, to see your wonderful installation(s) and paintings for real! Ewen now, from photos and through the screen, they work, it is like a breathing... a warm breathing coming from your art. Love it! Yes, how fragile we are, how much we need a cover...
    (the link to Sting doesn't work for me in Germany, I find the song Fragile on another way.)

    Thank you very much for playing, showing and sharing.
    Love, Ariane

    VastaaPoista
  2. Your exhibition sounds so very lovely Leena, wish I was closer. Those beautiful cocoons and shapes must just glow under light. They do look fragile as an egg shell. Oh, I remember the times this summer in England when I'd walk out to the chickens to collect the eggs. Our eggs came in all sorts of colours from white to brown to blue. Just gorgeous.

    VastaaPoista
  3. fragile is something i cherish. our humanity shines through being fragile. i'm wishing you a fantastic exhibition, i love the thought of egg shells and their sharp softness.... n♥
    ps - i applaud ariane on sting's song. beautiful song. x

    VastaaPoista
  4. such wonderful pieces
    something dreamy about them
    fragile and strong
    so glad you could join us

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautiful and fragile. Thanks for the Sting link. Always a pleasure to hear this song.- eric

    VastaaPoista
  6. Wonderful fragile and poetic pieces and I really wish I could visit your exhibition, I'm sure that this will be a real treat for the visitors. Wish you luck with it.
    xo
    barbara bee

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wow, that is great. I love the egg photo

    VastaaPoista