Sivut

perjantai 7. maaliskuuta 2014

Raven Hair






Those drying, hanging linen bunches remind me of wet hair
I have been staining linen fiber into black color to make paper blend of it later on.

I had a witchy feeling standing  in front of the stove with big pink gloves on, stirring the black raven hair mixture in a huge kettel:=)


 

A while ago I painted a "hair-dye-self-portrait"
( acrylic on paper, 50 x 60cm )
There is a witchy feeling there, too, don`t you think;)


Thank you, Nadine, for the DC theme of this week
see other participants via Nadine`s charming blog Tiny Woolf

DRAWING CHALLENGE NEW THEME |


in general, it doesn't care for a crop, semi or long mode. truth be told, it doesn't always do what we want it to do. when we've got it, we flaunt it. when we're without, we're generally sad. we cut it off rigourously however, in places where we really do not want it. let's hear it, for... 

9 kommenttia:

  1. A very witchy broth! I love this! Will you be posting about the paper once it is made?

    VastaaPoista
  2. hee hee hee...
    a white witch then, please, for contrast stirring a black substance...?
    thxs for playing, leena!
    n♥
    i am curious already about your paper intentions too!

    VastaaPoista
  3. your raven hair reminds me of the moss hanging from my forest trees, very much so.

    such a wonderful painting full of texture and color.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Oh Leena, I know the witchy feeling from stirring a broth of black walnut ink. If only I had had an audience to cackle at! Do you have witch's hair growing in your forests? It's very eerie in the dusk.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Oh now I'm curious! this looks very interesting and funny about the witch thing too- as it's probably very pertinent to the theme :)
    the painting is so expressive I adore it - she looks as if she's going to move right off the paper!
    Would love to see more on your experiments :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. fantastic - i love the raven hair, witchy out of time great shamanism feelings and very female!
    x stefanie

    VastaaPoista
  7. such an expressive painting, i LOVE it!
    it's all moving, the raven hair, the stokes of your brush
    so good to be here again
    you inspire me to start painting
    thank you for that!
    x

    VastaaPoista
  8. Nicely done. Well, I can tell you that my wet hair...all two feet of it...does look an awful lot like your drying linen. :) By the way, I love that song.

    VastaaPoista
  9. Thank you dear ladies for the nice comments:) I have been working with linen and paper, see my future posts about this learning process, have a nice weekend, xo Leena

    VastaaPoista