Sivut

perjantai 13. huhtikuuta 2012

I am a..

..Sagittarius. 

They say sagittarius is:

"Optimistic and freedom-loving
Jovial and good-humored
Honest and straightforward
Intellectual and philosophical 

 

on the dark side: 

Blindly optimistic and careless
Irresponsible and superficial
Tactless and restless"

 


    "LIKES
  • Traveling
  • getting to the heart of the matter
  • Freedom
  • Laws and meanings
  • the general 'feel' of things

    DISLIKES
  • Off the wall theories
  • being tied down domestically
  • Being constrained
  • cooling your heels
  • bothered with details"


  I do love to travel. I love to see lively cities and on the other hand

mountains, rivers, lakes and oceans:

Oahu, Hawaii, 2011

Florence, Italy, 2011

Oahu, Hawaii, 2011

 

 "The color of choice for Sagittarius is RICH PURPLE"

Right now my favorite color is pink and orange. 

And usually at this time of the year I do miss light green.

But purple is the most common color in my paintings: 

Dream and True, acrylic 2005, detail of the painting


"The animal associated with you sign is the centaur.
The Greek love for the horse led to the ennoblement of the centaur in myth and legend. The Centaur Chiron was known for his wisdom and healing abilities. 
 The centaur symbolizes mankinds dual nature as an intellectual creature (the human half) which was also a physical animal (the horse half). "



A Centaur, my drawing ( brown pastels )
after a Mosaic from Roman Tunisia, 2nd century AD
...

drawing challenge NEW THEME : i am a { ··· fill in your zodiac sign ··· }


Our lovely host is Nadine, see her blog Tiny W o o l f and  all the participants of the week.

 

 
 

15 kommenttia:

  1. Dear Leena - I love your travel photos especially the one of Florence, and I also like the way you have used your colour rich purple to depict your sign Sagittarius. The Centaur drawing is great, and I do believe that I have seen that mosaic in the Bardo Museum, Tunis.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Leena, purple is a royal colour. Rich, strong, and brave. I love your Centaur drawing, especially the placement of the arms, reaching up! Have a great weekend!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Dear Leena,
    a Sagittarius!
    I adore your Centaur and its the first time that I see a female one! Very pretty.
    That deep, rich purple is mystic, right?
    I think you have to add 'intuitive knowing' to your list.

    Love,
    Ariane

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I sometimes intuitively know but more often I am very aware of not understanding and wondering over things in life:) And yes, I love the mystery of life and purple is the color.

      Poista
  4. Sagittaurius

    nice Leena!

    your centaur is perfect....I love contes as a medium.

    VastaaPoista
  5. wow, i love your round up. from having known a few sagitariaii (i have no idea whether this plural is fine, but you catch my drift, don't you?), i am nodding this end. i also find, from the little i know of your painting, that the natural views you show us, do somehow translate themselves back ito your paintings. i had this feeling, as i watched the snaps. is that so?
    anyway.
    you're not the only horse amongst us either, i found that out... ;)))
    thanks for playing, n♥

    VastaaPoista
  6. i love your female centaur, her arms in the air, wild and free :)
    looking at your beautiful tempting travel photos i was thinking the same as Nadine did, there is a resemblance in your way of painting and the shots,
    x

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Nadine and Renilde, yes both taking pictures and painting reflect the way I see life, there often are similarities between them.

      Poista
  7. dear Leena
    those pictures are amazing
    as is your centaur
    what I like about this theme
    is all the new things we tell and share
    in words, images and between the lines
    thank you!

    VastaaPoista
  8. I did not know that we are supposed to favour colours according to our zodiac signs. But may be there is something in it; I would never use purple for anyting, even though I love your pictures. On the other hand; I love yellow, as I am supposed to do according to what is written about cancer. I love both your paintings and your centaur! Have a nice week!

    VastaaPoista
  9. Thanks for this, Leena, very nice post!
    Your centaur is great, reminds me of antique greek vases. So classical and elegant!

    VastaaPoista
  10. Thank you dear ladies once again for your nice comments! Have a happy week!

    VastaaPoista
  11. beautiful post, dear leena! I'm a sagittarius, too. I love rich purple - I made many paintings in these colours pink, purple, magenta... If you like have a look: http://manoswelt.blogspot.de/2010/02/vernissage.html
    have a nice week! mano

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Beautiful and strong works Mano!! And so like a sagittarius:)

      Poista
  12. i like your pastel painting/drawing a lot!!! julia

    VastaaPoista